Chili is one of my favorite things to make!
It's so simple and at the same time, so yummy! :D Just about everyone has a chili recipe.. but I thought I would share mine with all of you anyway! Some go for a more soupy version of chili, some a thick and hearty style, others fall somewhere in between. Mine tends to be more on the thick and hearty kind.. and in our house you always served it with noodles of some kind and often we had it with peanut butter sandwiches. What do you have with yours?
(My recipe makes a large soup pot of chili for company! If you want less, reduce the recipe or make the big batch and freeze it in meal size portions!)
-3 lbs ground turkey (hamburger is fine if you prefer)
-5 cans tomatoes (One of each of the following: Salsa style, plain, with green chiles, garlic & onion, with jalapenos)
-1 can pinto beans, drained
-1 can light red kidney beans
-1 can hot chili beans
-2 large jalapenos, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion flakes (or fresh chopped onion)
-2 cans tomato sauce, (add more if you desire a more thin chili)
-1/4 cup chili powder
-Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Brown the ground turkey in a skillet & drain.
2. Saute the onion and jalapeno in a small skillet.
3. In a large soup pot on LOW heat, mix together all tomatoes, beans, & spices. Stir well and let simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add ground beef, onions and jalapenos and mix well.
5. Simmer chili on MEDIUM heat for another 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Be sure to scrape the bottom of pan so the chili does not burn.
6. Enjoy! :)You may also be interested in: