I love the ideas of using vegetables to fake a recipe we all love!
Love lasagna? Try it with zucchini slices in place of the noodles! :) (Try THIS recipe!!)
Craving a pizza? Make a cauliflower crust! (Learn how here!)
See my recipe below for my new favorite.. Spaghetti Squash with Marinara Sauce! Yum! :)
Also try these ideas:
Recently I tried my hand at making a Spaghetti Squash and we were very pleased with the results!
Using spaghetti squash in place of spaghetti noodles or another pasta is a great way to eat a low carb and low calorie dinner! :) I suggest you give it a try! I hope you enjoy this dinner as much as we did!
To Make The Spaghetti Squash:
There are lots of way to cook a spaghetti squash (which include oven baking, boiling, even microwaving!) but when I made ours I chose to use my crock pot.
1. Before cooking the squash wash it well and remove all dirt and germs from the outside of the squash.
2. Secondly, with a sharp knife and very carefully cut slits into the squash on all sides and from top to bottom in various places. This will allow the squash to breath (and it won't do anything crazy like explode while cooking!). The slits need not be any larger then 1 inch cuts just be sure you have several over the surface of the entire squash.
3. Put the squash into the crock pot and fill water to cover the squash.
4. Salt the water generously.
5. Let the squash cook on LOW 6-8 hrs in your crock pot.
WHEN YOU REMOVE THE SQUASH BE VERY CAREFUL! IT WILL BE VERY HOT!
1. Cut the squash down the middle, horizontally. If you cut it lengthwise you will cut the "noodles" in half.
2. Scoop out seeds and any remaining "gunk".
3. Spoon out the noodle like middle of the squash. One average size squash produces all of the noodles you see in the photo above! Plenty for a family! :)
4. Serve with the marinara sauce of your choice & ENJOY!You may also be interested in: