- 1 medium onion (I use onion flakes... SO MUCH EASIER & you don't cry cutting them) About a 1/4 cup)
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (For sauteing the onions, garlic and peppers)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans Great Northern or Pinto beans (I use pinto!)
- 2 Tbsp. parsley (I like to add just a touch more
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. flour (Or a little more if needed... this is just for thickening purposes)
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- Pre-cook your chicken. I cook mine on high in the crock pot (in water) for two hours. I added 2 chicken boullion cubes, salt and pepper to the water.
- Cut prepared chicken into bite sized cubes.
- In a large saucepan cook onion, jalapeno and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, beans, parsley, lime juice and cumin.
- Boil mixture, then reduce heat.
- Stir in flour then add chicken to mixture and stir well.
- Boil for 2 minutes or until thick.
**If I make a large recipe of this (doubled or tripled) I add rice to the actual chili. If you do this make sure to add atleast 1 cup EXTRA chicken broth, even if it looks like too much. (The rice will soak some of the broth up overnight.
***Like a lot of chili's this one tastes best when eaten the next day. ;)
****Also great served with cheese or tortilla chips. You may also be interested in: